Amidst all the challenges like low bandwidth, constraints of funds and passivity of the community we have been able to deliver a sizeable amount of work directly benefitting our alumni community. Some highlights are as follows:
1. Partnerships and collaboration:
- We have recently signed an MoU with Prime Classes Pvt. Ltd., According to which top JNV graduates from every JNV will be selected for an all-expenses-paid coaching for medical and engineering exams trough an entrance test. To conduct these tests at your JNV please contact our Chairman Shri Naresh Sharma.
- Ashoka University have set aside an exclusive fund of 2 Crore rupees to support JNV graduates seeking admissions at Ashoka University. A taskforce led by our Secretary Shri Anoop Maurya is working with Ashoka’s reach-out team to implement the scheme.
Under the scheme Shivam Sahu from JNV Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh was selected for a fully sponsored 3 year graduation at Ashoka University worth Rs 24 Lacs.
- Babu Banarasi Das Institute of Technology (BBDIT) has agreed to provide eligible JNV graduates fee-concession and scholarships. We are still negotiating with them about the terms and conditions and are expecting to launch this scheme before the next academic year starts.
- Shruti Foundation have agreed to provide our unemployed alums internship opportunities equipping them with employability skills.
To benefit from this partnership contact our Secretary Shri Anoop Maurya.
- Loanstamp, Banglore: JNV Alums across India can take loans on concessional rates and without any collateral for their medical and educational needs. This MoU will be finalized by October 2016 once few pending formalities are completed between both the Parties. For more details you can contact our President Shri Raishpal Singh. We are working with other organizations and institutions to provide different opportunities to our alumni community. Some of them include Vision India Foundation and Bitiya Foundation to name a few.
2. Financial Assistance to the needy graduates:
JNV Foundation has assisted hundreds of fresh graduates to continue their education after schooling. Few of the recent cases are as follows:
- Pankaj Kumar Bharati, An All India Topper in 12th class was awarded financial assistance of Rs 65,000/- to continue his education at SRCC in University of Delhi. We’re continuing our support to Mr Bharti even post his graduation from SRCC and our co-founder Shri Harish Kumar have supported his educational needs in the recent case.
- Rs 10,000 were provided to JNV Bijnor for coaching purposes.
- Our President Shri RaishPal Singh from JNV Bulandshehar have supported a student from JNV Dhaulpur to pursue his MBBS studies through an endowment of Rs 95,000/- on his previous birthday in 2015.
- The Foundation has visited more than 150 schools across the length and breadth of the country and continuing to do so through its office bearers, cofounders and members.
- Our Chairman Shri Naresh Sharma, President Shri Raishpal Singh and our senior cofounder Shri Vinnet Goswami along with other representatives have presided at different forums organized by Navodaya community.
- Our Secretary Anoop Maurya was selected for GAP 2016 confrence held in Ahmedabad in February 2016.
- We have been invited at National Sports Meet held at Ranchi in September 2015 to welcome Hon. Louis Marandi, a cabinet minister in Jharkhand. Our President with our co-founder Shri Harish Kumar represented us the event.
- Our Secretary Shri Anoop Maurya represented the foundation recently in an alumni meet of JNV Madhubani, Bihar at Rajghat, New Delhi.
Representations at several Forums:
3. Community support Campaigns:
We have been able to support our community at the times of need through the gracious support from our network. The most recent cases include:
- An accident that took place previous March, Bobby, a student of JNV Buklana in Uttar Pradesh died on the spot. The foundation helped the family to get over the loss and raised Rs 1,16,000 to support his sister’s wedding.
- Chandan Kumar, an alumnus from JNV Samastipur, Bihar lost his legs in a train accident and was unable to manage amount needed to get hydraulic legs. The foundation raised Rs 1,70,000 to assist Chandan through an independent fundraising campaign.
- A fundraising campaign was launched in the first week of July to support Shri Ramesh Choudhary from JNV Meerut in Uttar Pradesh. Shri Choudhary’s both the kidneys have stopped working and he’s undergoing dialysis every week since last 5 years. The campaign was aimed to help Shri Verma in his overall medication and/or kidney transplantation as the need be. JNV Foundation Chairman Shri Naresh Sharma, Secretary Shri Anoop Maurya and co-founder representing JNV Meerut Shri Brijesh Singh recently met Shri Choudhary and presented him with a cheque worth Rs 25,000/- to cover the cost incurred in the periodic tests etc.
4. To realize our vision of working with 1 million alums and 600 schools across states we have helped set-up several school level alumni associations in different states. JNV Bijnor, JNV Meerut, JNV Hathras, JNV Bareilly, JNV Bulandshehar, JNV Lalitpur, JNV Jhanshi are the recent ones to name a few.
5. Teams constituted by JNV Foundation have visited around 20 schools to provide carrier counseling to the senior students. A recent taskforce in this regard was led by Shri Vineet Goswami and Shri Anoop Maurya.
6. To gain legitimacy as a national coalition, understand the expectations and aspirations of the wider navodaya community, we have organized several school level, state level and regional level alumni retreats and gatherings. The most successful was the one organized at Delhi in August 2015 which saw representations from 16 states. We also use these forums for public approvals and consultations on our policies.
7. The Foundation was recently acknowledged and awarded by Bitiya Foundation for its commendable work in the sphere of gender equality through seminars and talks in JNVs.
8. JNV Foundation Partnered with few organizations involved in nation-building in Uttar Pradesh to organize a ‘National Unity Conference’ on the occasion of Chandra Shekhar Jayanti in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh . Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey, Minister of Human Resource Development for State was the chief guest.
9. A national toll-free no. for the students and alumni communication was launched by the JNV Foundation and was inaugurated by the Minister Of Human Resources Development for State Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey in an event this August.
10. JNV Foundation Chairman, President along-with other cofounders visited Shimla, Varanasi and the neighboring places for official purposes and were welcomed by the local alumni activists.
11. JNV Foundation Chairman and former Treasurer visited Varanasi office of PRIME CLASSES to meet its Directors to understand the status signed between both the parties last year.
12. All the periodic activities like financial assistance, counseling activities in JNV schools through its local alums along-with facilitating our partner organizations (like Prime Classes) to expand their work in JNV community is underway.